What We Did:
1. Discussed how a tree's trunk is the widest, and then the big branches grow from it, and smaller branches and twigs grow from them.
2. Ripped pieces of masking tape and applied them to white paper, to make the shape of a tree.
3. Pressed the tape down really well.
4. Painted the background onto the page.
5. Paint snow onto some sort of clear paper (we used part of a freezer bag, but it didn't work well- the paint started falling off after it dried... perhaps using white out would work better than the paint!).
6. After waiting for the paint to dry well, remove the tape.
7. Tape one side of the clear paper onto the painted paper
8. Add & remove the clear paper "snow scene" as much as you want :)