I am SO glad that we decided to give this a try because my goodness, it was good!!! I have seen a few variations of this around the internet and after reading a few different recipes, I made a few little changes and combinations from different recipes and here's what we came up with:
Here's What You'll Need:
1/2 cup Milk chocolate (we used milk chocolate chips)
1/2 cup Nutella (this doesn't taste strongly of hazelnut- my husband didn't even realize I had added it!)
5 tbsp Hot Chocolate Mix
1 & 1/2 cups Milk
5 cups Ice
Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream
1. Start by melting the chocolate chips. I just did this on a very low setting, in a saucepan.
2. Add the Nutella, melt. (it'll look like the picture on the left, below)
3. Add the Hot Chocolate mix, melt. (it'll look like the picture in the middle, below)
4. Add the milk and stir until there are no hot chocolate mix clumps left. (like the picture on the right, below)
5. Put some of the ice in your blender and start to blend (if you have a super powerful blender, you may not need this step, but we do with ours). Add some of the chocolate mix to it (be sure that it's not hot or it'll melt your ice!) and blend some more.
6. I added a bit more ice and a bit more liquid, working on blending the ice as I went, until it was all combined.
7. Pour into a glass, top with Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream (which I love because it's made with REAL cream), and garnish with chocolate chips...
8. ... and enjoy!!
(this made 5.5 cups, which was enough for 5 or 6 servings for us!)
This will not be the last time we make this recipe- it was a big hit! I was actually surprised by how delicious it was!
Tomorrow is the last day for the Nordi-Cows game on Gay Lea's Facebook page, so don't miss it! Go to the page, pick your favourite cow, and milk her twice a day (in the morning and in the evening).
You can check out the Gay Lea Website for great recipes and more information on their products. They also send out monthly newsletters featuring great tips and coupons!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Influence Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.