Today I wanted to show you what we did with the rest of our melted eggs:
We Made Kinder Chocolate Popcorn! :)
Here's what you do:
1. Unwrap your Kinder Eggs (take plastic egg & toy out ;)
2. Collect the chocolate part of the eggs in microwave-safe bowl (see our warped eggs below?)
3. Air Pop some Popcorn
4. Spread popcorn out on wax paper on counter
5. Microwave chocolate eggs (not too long- start small)
6. If it comes out a bit chunky, just pop it back in for a few more seconds
7. When it's smooth, you're ready to drizzle onto your popcorn! (please see Observations below photo)
8. Use a spoon to drizzle over popcorn & you've got yummy popcorn!
I wanted my chocolate to be "drippy" enough to easily drizzle so I added just a touch of vegetable oil. This worked, however, the chocolate didn't really re-harden after it was drizzled. I tried putting it in the fridge (it was a warm day), and it did harden- but after being out of the fridge for not long, it was melty again. Maybe if you tried it without the oil, it would harden up, but I'm not sure because I was out of eggs, so I couldn't try it! ;)
If anyone tries this, let me know how it goes!