My mother-in-law is a fabulous cook. Today I want to share with you one of our favourite recipes that she makes- Broccoli Cheese Soup! (It can be made the same way with cauliflower or a mixture of cauliflower & broccoli). This is a pretty easy recipe and everybody in my family likes it. I'll share a recipe today that makes the perfect amount for our family of 4, but you can double it for a larger group or (my favourite) leftovers!
Here's What You'll Need:
- Broccoli (or Cauliflower) .. can be fresh or frozen, I used this bag of broccoli florets this time
- 1 Can of Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 cup (shredded) Ivanhoe Old Cheese
Here's What You'll Do:
1. Steam broccoli (or cauliflower- or both)
2. Melt butter and flour in large pot and whisk until clumpy
3. Add milk, a bit at a time. Then add cheese and stir until melted.
Did you know Gay Lea’s Ivanhoe Cheese is the oldest cheese company of its kind in Canada? They've got a reputation for their high quality aged cheddar and specialty cheeses and even offer Kosher and Halal varieties.
4. Add broccoli/cauliflower and can of chicken broth (and pepper to taste)
You can check out the Gay Lea Website for great recipes and more information on their products. They also send out monthly newsletters featuring great tips and coupons!
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own."