|Paper Plate Snake|
Here's what you need for this project:
2 Googly Eyes
Glue & Tape
Red Construction paper or sheet of foam
How to Make a Paper Plate Snake
1. Start by drawing the shape of your snake on the back of the paper plate. You can use this photo as a template for your snake outline. Your aim is to get the shape of your snake's head in the middle and then coil its body around it, like this:
We actually made this craft several years ago and I found the photos recently, realizing I hadn't blogged about it. If you follow me on Instagram and are familiar with my kids, you'll know Talia looks much younger in this photo of her cutting out the plate!
2. Once you've cut out your snake, you can cut out a snake tongue from construction paper or foam and tape it to the bottom of your snake head:
3. Glue the googly eyes onto the snake's head and tie a string around the top of the neck (to hang it for display or to carry it around and play with it like a puppet!).
4. This photo gives you an idea of the shape you'll get when you cut it out of the plate:
5. Here's what it looks like, expanded! You can add a little decoration to the body of your snake with marker like Talia did here, if you'd like:
I thought this was such a cute little creation! It was a fun project with very little mess, and gave my kids something fun to play with when the crafting was finished.
Other Fun 3D Paper Crafts for Kids
If you're looking for other kids' crafts, you might like our Paper Hand Flowers project!