That tutorial came from a blog that has since become private,
so I've received a lot of comments from people looking for the tutorial.
So, here it is!
You'll Need:12x12 Scrapbook Paper
(Each piece will make 4 double sided triangles for your bunting-
each triangle will be 5" wide)
Paper Cutter (or scissors)
(Optional: Laminator & hole punch)
Here's what you do:
1. Measure 5" over from the edge of your paper & make a mark.
Then measure 5" over from that mark (mark it).
Do the same on the opposite side of the paper
(making sure that you start from the same end of the paper).
2. Using your pencil and a straight edge, join those marks diagonally (as shown in the picture)
3. You can also draw a line straight through the middle of the paper (shown in pink) to help you to make sure your lines are going on the same angle, so that your triangles will all be the same.
Cut on the blue lines. (You can cut on the pink line, too, but if you leave it alone, you won't have to do as much taping later)
4. You'll end up with diamonds & triangles. Match up your triangles and tape them together on the back side of the paper (where the tape won't show), so that you end up with a double sided triangle.
5. For the diamond shapes, just fold them in half to make double sided triangles and tape the pointed end together with a piece of rolled tape.
6. Slide the string between the paper to hang your bunting, and you're finished!
7. If you want a sturdier bunting that will last for many uses, you can laminate your triangles. Cut them out, then punch small holes in the top two corners of your triangle to thread the string through.
I hope this tutorial helps! :)
I've made a couple of banners this way & have been really happy with them!
Some other great paper crafts:
Paper Fortune Cookies
Paper Butterfly Display Frame
Also shared at thirty handmade days