One of my absolute favourite things to eat for breakfast are crêpes! It's not a dish I make up very often, but I love to eat it when I do! :) This would be a really fun Valentine Breakfast to have with your family this year- and it's a bonus that Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday, so your morning is likely to be less rushed!
This month as Gay Lea Ambassadors, we're using Gay Lea’s Real Whipped Cream products and I went with Gay Lea’s Real Whipped Cream. When given the choice, I prefer the taste of real whipped cream that I whip myself to whipped cream in a can (which are often not really whipped cream). What I love about Gay Lea's Whipped Cream is that it is actually made with real cream- and it tastes great!
Now, moving on to the recipe, here's what you'll need:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
Vanilla or Banana Cream Pudding
Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream
1. Stir together eggs and flour (it'll be lumpy and I know sometimes people will use a blender or food processor on the next step, to get lumps out.. I didn't and I had some lumps).
2. Add melted butter and salt. This is when you can blend it up or use a mixer instead of your hands and a spoon, to get out the lumps.
3. Heat up a frying pan and poor batter into pan (tilt pan to help it spread). This part is a lot like cooking pancakes but crepes are thinner. :) Flip and cook both sides.
4. The last step is to fill your crêpe with deliciousness! I like to layer some pudding and top with bananas and strawberries (sometimes I'll add in some other berries too).
5. Wrap up your crêpe and top with Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream and dig in- best breakfast ever! :)
I think you'll love this simple and delicious breakfast! I might need to make it again on Valentine's Day- just looking at these photos makes me want to make it for lunch! :)
You can checkout the Gay Lea website for other great recipes and information on their products.
Disclosure: I am part of the Gay Lea Ambassador Campaign with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.