|Photo by Ariana Del Mundo|
Shortly after reviewing my own list, I saw a post by one of the bloggers I follow, who published a "40 by 40" bucket list of things she wants to accomplish before her 40th birthday this year. I realized that just over 5 years from when we wrote our first lists of 50 things, I will turn 40 (just over 4 years to go!). I'm posting my own "40 by 40 Bucket List" here, to keep track of which things happen. I'm trying not to limit myself by writing things down whether I know how I would accomplish them or not.
Some of the things I put on my list a year ago have already been accomplished and help remind me that even when you feel like you're dreaming of something impossible, if you just allow yourself to believe that it's possible, you just might find a way to make it happen!
My 40 by 40 Bucket List
- Travel to Hawaii
- Visit the Polynesian Cultural Centre
Go to Disney again & see PandoraIt's happening in February 2018!
- Go to Universal Studios
- Travel to France/other parts of Europe
- Travel to the Netherlands (specifically)
VisitMexico again Our Family Trip to Cancun! December 2019 Visit Nauvoo as a familyDriving from Ontario to Utah (we stopped in Nauvoo on our way!) Go to Prince Edward IslandEast Coast Road Trip Summer 2017 See red sand beachesFavourite Photos from our Trip See Green GablesCharlottetown & Cavendish Beach Visit Western CanadaWe went to Alberta in Fall 2018 (now we need to see B.C... I'm adding that to the end of the bucket list!)
- Go on a couple's trip (at least a week long) for our 15th anniversary... didn't happen, but maybe it can happen before we're 40!
Go on a cruiseIt's happening in February 2018!
- Go to a conference or blogger event & meet other bloggers (I did this several times in Utah. Will keep as a goal now that I'm back in Ontario)
- See the Nutcracker ballet with my girls
Go as a family to see the musical WickedWe went in Feb. 2018. It was a Christmas gift from my parents.
- See a new play or musical with Ken
Declutter the basementThis happened, but not the way I expected! Declutter the house- be brutal!I'm getting a start this month How ironic that I used the word "brutal"... the smoke incident forced that! Go to a spa with KatrinaWe did it for her 9th birthday!
- Go on an overnight mommy daughter getaway with Talia
- Get family photos done every year 2017... didn't happen in 2018 or 2019. We had plans for it 2020 but the pandemic got in the way!
- Get a macro lens (not yet, but I did get a new camera & lens in December 2019!)
- Do more photography projects out of interest
- Get equipment to make better videos, etc. including:
better video editing software(just bought, now need to learn!) overhead tripod(I got one for Christmas 2018!) video lights(bought a light, stand, & lightbox in December 2019)
- stabilizer (bought one in December 2019 but decided to take it back because I had too many other things I wanted to focus on, before diving deeper into video)
Get a bike so we can go on family bike ridesWe did this when we moved back to Ontario- all 4 of us got new bikes
- Catch up on photo yearbooks (I made one in 2017, then decided I need a more specific goal in order to catch up, so I want to make at least 2 per year until I'm caught up! I think I'm 5 years behind now)
- Move somewhere with a bigger backyard (We did the opposite of this in May of 2018... we had NO backyard in Utah, then we moved to Ontario & have a small backyard, so we're back on track. We hope to rent for 2 years, and I won't be 40 yet, so we'll see what's next!)
- Get a trampoline in backyard (still waiting for a big enough yard)
- Buy a house we love
Go to Couples Resort with KenWe did it in June 2017! Visit Ste. Anne's Spa againAccomplished in February, 2018!
- Journal more (weekly blog posts?)
- Go on a "girlcation"
- Visit British Columbia
Learn how to Water Colour(I'm taking monthly classes online in 2020 and really enjoying it!)
- Visit Utah (see my sister & her new house, Ken's sister's family, and friends we left behind there... 2020 had us waiting for the pandemic to simmer down... still waiting for that!)
- Come up with 4 more things I'd like to do before I turn 40! haha