I have just started to compile our 2014 Summer Bucket List, and here are some of the things on it:
1. Start the Summer off on the last day of school by having a Welcome to Summer! party in our backyard.
2. Participate in our Library's Summer Reading Program
3. Have Water Gun Target Practice in our backyard.
4. Camp in our backyard (the girls have been wanting to go camping since we went once as a family, but Ken can't bring himself to do it again haha.. maybe this is a good compromise ;)
5. Make Apple Marshmallow Smile Treats (something Katrina has remembered ever since we did it, and every now and then she asks about them- I need to get some marshmallows & make this happen again!
6. Pick Strawberries (something I remember doing as a child- I want to find a place to go and make it happen this year)
7. Have a water fight on a hot day, with water sponge bombs or water balloons.
8. There's a park that plays movies on a big screen outside and you can bring your picnic blanket or lawn chairs and watch it for free. It's so fun! We went last year and I would love to go again this year.
9. Roast marshmallows at Ken's parents' house. I always think this is fun & the kids love it!
10. I want to try making roads for toy cars either indoors with masking tape or outdoors with sidewalk chalk- I've seen photos of this idea and I think the girls would love to create a little city!
11. The girls always have a blast helping dad wash the car, so that's something that's on our bucket list every year!
12. Last year we went to meet Daddy during his lunchtime and headed to a nearby park for a picnic. It was so nice! As you can see in the picture, the ducks joined us ;)
13. Last year's Summer Schedule worked really well, so I'm planning to use that again, to keep our more regular days (or at least the beginning of them) organized!
14. We try to go to the Palmyra Pageant every year (a tradition Ken's family had when he was growing up, and my family went a lot of years, too). We have traditional places that we visit each time we go, AND Ken proposed to me on one of those trips, so it's a special place for us! We've already got a hotel room booked, and we're excited!
15. There are lots of other things like going to the farmer's market, the splash park, flying a kite, using skipping ropes, riding bikes & scooters, going for walks, etc. that we will also do, and I've started a Summer Bucket List Pinterest Board to add more ideas to. I'm getting excited!
Do you have a Summer Bucket List?
Speaking of Bucket Lists....
There is a KFC Bucket List contest being held from May 12-June 15:
With the purchase of any bucket or combo (KFC has 12 piece buckets for only $14.99), you’ll receive a game card that gives you a 1 in 3 chance of winning. Every bucket or combo ALSO has an instant peel and reveal food prize and a pin that you enter online (here) to reveal your prize. Every PIN is a WINNER!
- 3 - Grand Prizes of $10,000 to build your own dream vacation
- 5 - $5,000 Earth to Echo Adventures
- 5 - $10,000 Pepsi Dream Rooms
- 40 - $300 Try That Prizes
- Over 3 Million Shutterfly Prizes
- Over 1 Million Food Prizes
You can enter to win a Shutterfly prizepack that includes a calendar, 15 free cards and a collage print!
Just fill out the form below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I am part of the KFC Bucket List Blogger Campaign and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.