I wanted it to last, so after cutting the tree & ornaments out, I laminated the ornaments & used clear contact paper to do a makeshift laminating of the tree (which was too big for my laminator). We lost the page with the questions, so I typed them out, printed them, and put them on the back of the tree.
Here's what we do each day:
1. One of the girls chooses an ornament
2. Talia gets practise reading the book name, chapter, and verse
3. I tell her the question, look up & read the scripture.
4. Talia tells me the answer
5. One of the girls gets to stick the ornament on the tree with a piece of rolled tape.
I wish our advent calendar's cups were just a little bigger so that I could have put the ornaments in each of the cups!