It's a cute story about a little girl whose mother makes her some very pink cupcakes. The little girl eats too many of them and turns pink! After my mom heard about this story, she told me I needed to make pinkalicious cupcakes with the girls. So, it's been in the back of my mind for a while.
A few days ago, we had my friend's daughter over for an afternoon and I decided it was the perfect opportunity to make pinkalicious cupcakes. We totally did this the easy way- white cake mix, ready-made white frosting, and pink food colouring.
Here's what we did:
1. Dress girls up in aprons
2. Let girls put pink cupcake papers in pan
3. Let each girl add one ingredient to bowl (that's all you need with a mix!)
4. Send girls off to occupy themselves in the playroom while you mix & pour the batter
(these 3 girls were in the living room playing with the cookie set, pretending they were pinkalicious cookies that were turning them pink ;)
5. Let them watch the cupcakes bake
6. Send them off to play for 10 to 15 minutes while you let the cupcakes cool, then either let them help frost them or do it yourself & call them over for a treat!