1. I have a 16 year old daughter, a 13 year old son, and a 2 month old son. Which often leads to me being asked how old I am because I am told I do not look my age.
2. I love photographing my family, pets, and nature!
3. I love living in Michigan...I can drive an hour or less in either direction and have a beach, city, forest, or farm country. Lake Michigan beaches are a favorite of mine.
4. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I complete a project...I am notorious for starting something, getting bored with it and then not finishing it.
5. I love making my home a haven for myself and my family!
I am a creative person who believes that our homes are our haven and that they are an outer expression of our inner selves. A Woman's Haven is a place where I gather the things that inspire me such as home, crafting, DIY, thrifting, photography and my family.
Our Travel Map
2011 Year in Photos
My Craft Space
How/Why did you start blogging?
When I started my blog 2.5 years ago I didn’t realize how much a part of my life it would become. I was laid off from my job of ten years and had time on my hands. We had also just purchased our new home and I found a ton of crafting and decorating inspiration in blog land. I have always enjoyed collecting the things that inspire me whether it be photos, quotes, or ideas I have always loved cataloging them in some fashion. I have files with ideas I have pulled out of magazines, journals filled with quotes and books I have read highlighted to the hilt. My blog became another way for me to gather and share those things that I love. In the process of sharing the things that inspired me I also shared my home, creativity, family and friends.
Has your reason for blogging changed? If so, why?
My blog has evolved over the last two years considerably. It may not have grown with a ton of followers and I am far from being a blog “celebrity”, but I love the content of what I share with my readers. My love of photography has been renewed and grown. My love of nature has been captured many times. What others may have seen as mundane moments have become magical to me through the lens of a camera. I think that is what is wonderful for me about blogging…taking the time in the simplest moments to see beauty and for that today I am grateful.
More about Chas!
I love getting to know other bloggers! A favorite feature of mine is my House Haven Tour Series. In this series I ask other bloggers to share with my readers what makes their home their haven. It has been a lot of fun getting a glimpse into the beautiful, creative homes that have been featured.
Would you like to see your blog featured here? I'll be doing a "Feature Friday" post, featuring one blogger & their blog on Fridays throughout 2012. If you have a blog that you'd like to see featured, please send me an email to raisingmemories at gmail dot com to submit your blog.