Here's what we did:
Here's how we did it:
1. Start by cutting the jeans just above the hole. Then try them on and figure out how long you want them to be, how much of a roll you want at the end (if you want a roll), and trim your first pant leg.
2. Carefully line up your jeans and use the first pant leg as a guide for the second.
3. Choose the zigzag setting on your machine.
4. Sew along the cut edges to prevent fraying.
5. Try the jeans on, roll them the way you want them and pin them.
6. You can machine or hand sew up & down along the inside and outside edges of each pant leg (near the seam), just along the fold, to keep the folds in place. (Or you can skip this step & if your shorts unroll at the bottom, just re-roll them).
It's that easy!
Now I have two new pairs of jean shorts and I didn't have to throw out my holey jeans! :)
I hope this tutorial is helpful to you if you'd like to try the same thing on your pants, or on your kids'!
(This would be great for kids' pants that are too short but still fit around the bum!)