Here in Utah, the weather is already so beautiful! For the first little while, I was surprised every time I went outside and it wasn't cold. Now that we've gotten the most urgent moving tasks done, we're excited to get outside this summer and explore our new home! With all of the fun and excitement around the corner with summer though, come sunburns, bugs, and allergies. With summer vacation around the corner I thought I'd share some tips for taking precautions to make the most of these sunny days. Let's free ourselves from that desire to just hibernate inside, away from the sun and the pollen!
Here are some of the things we plan to do, to stay summer smart:
• Enjoy the sun – responsibly! Making a conscious choice to keep your skin happy and healthy is important any time of year, but especially in the summer season. We've tried a lot of different sunscreens, but I'm really excited about the new Coppertone ClearlySheer Whipped that is meant to leave skin feeling soft and moisturized. It has a rich and creamy foam that absorbs quickly while protecting from the sun’s harmful rays. I don't know about you, but it's a huge bonus for me when a product I have to use can be fun or enjoyable too!
• Don’t sweat it. Staying active and exploring the outdoors is an integral part of a successful summer. I'm looking forward to getting out on some trails and enjoying some views from the mountains here in Utah this year! But when you sweat, there are extra steps you need to take to be sun safe, including hydrating more often and choosing a sunscreen that can take the heat. For sunscreen, the Coppertone Sport Sunscreen Stick has you covered. It stays on strong when you sweat, and it has a cool applicator that's just like a deodorant stick!
• Don’t overdo it. We all want to make the most of the beautiful weather but knowing your limits and taking appropriate breaks is important to enjoy the summer responsibly. Monitor your breathing and heat levels. If your body is telling you to rest and cool down, make sure you listen.
• Beware of Bugs. One of my favourite activities this time of year is to roast marshmallows over a fire in the evening! As soon as the sun starts to go down though, the insects seem to come out in full force. If you know you'll be sharing the space with bugs that bite, you can prepare by applying bug sprays or creams or just by having a few citronella candles on hand to create a buffer between you and the bugs!
• Treat your seasonal allergies. With the blooms and buds comes pollen. A runny nose, sneezing and tearing of the eyes can force us indoors, depriving us from enjoying those glorious summer days. Talia & I especially struggle with allergies and I have had seasons where my itchy eyes have me about ready to scratch them with my nails- it's terrible! I've also found that sometimes I have to switch allergy treatments to find the right one. This year I'm ready with Aerius on hand! It gives multi-symptom 24-hour relief and is non-drowsy so it can help you function normally.
What are some of the things you do to stay Summer Smart?
This post is sponsored by Bayer. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.