Today I'm sharing a tutorial on how to make them yourself:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Embroidery thread
- Chalk or Vanishing Fabric Marker
- Ziplock Sandwich Bag
Here's What You'll Do:
1. Draw a 6x6" square on your felt with chalk or a vanishing fabric marker
2. Cut out the square
3. Draw your tic-tac-toe grid (start with two lines 2" apart, going one way)
4. Thread the needle with about an arm's length of thread and tie a knot at the end.
5. Stitch (over and under, over and under) across the first line and tie a knot on the under side of the game board.
6. Photo #6 seems to be illustrating step #3 (measuring 2" apart).. oops!
7. When you come to the end of the line, you can pull your thread back through the last stitch on the under side, to help secure it and then tie a knot and trim the thread.
8. Complete each of your 4 lines and you've created your board!
9. Choose 5 buttons of each of two colours and you've got your Tic-Tac-Toe game!
We discovered that a Ziplock sandwich bag is the perfect size to fit the game and pieces inside! Once we had them all packaged up, we just folded the bag in half once and it fit nicely inside an envelope for mailing!
Whether you want a gift your child can make for a friend or sibling, or just an easy beginner's sewing project, this is a fun one to do with your kids. I hope you'll try it! :)